Summer, 2015, I was invited to a party at the home of my friend Rich and his wife, Thea. It was a bacon-themed party and everyone was expected to bring something bacon-related. It was mostly food, but Kevin Bacon memorabilia was equally acceptable.
Tina and I were spending the weekend together in the little top-floor apartment of the Buffalo Hotel, so I asked her to come along with me.
We concocted a recipe for bacon-wrapped Parmesan and bacon meatballs and had a great time testing our cooperation in the small kitchen. We worked well together, joked around, kissed between steps and I was completely swept away by how perfect we were together. It was bliss.
We'd not been dating more than a month or two by that point, but I was fast falling in love.
Tina knew how close I was to Rich and Thea and had heard many tales of our adventures together in Ireland, but she had yet to meet them. She was nervous about it. She said she'd had a dream that my friends had thrown her into a river, which I guessed was influenced by Scott's initial warning to her about dating me. Upon learning I was from "dangerous" Minneapolis, he'd told her that if she went out with me she'd end up cut into pieces and dumped in the Mississippi. That seemed a bit extreme to me. In retrospect, I wonder if he just didn't like the idea of her dating anyone.
I assured her that everyone who would be over at Rich and Thea's was super-cool, friendly and absolutely no one was of the river-dumping sort.
I ran through a mental list of likely attendees and when Chris came to mind, I thought a disclaimer might be in order. I'd known Chris for years. I liked him and he was Rich's number-one pal. He was smart and often hilarious, but his choice of words, subjects of conversation and sense of humor were sometimes not well-taken by people new to his acquaintance. I called him "Crass Chris."
Read the rest at the new Adventures of Dan and Tina.
Wow, this thing is just so full of "woe is me" victim BS. You obsess and whine like a four-year-old. Nothing is ever your fault, you're just the perfect, kind, generous person, so obviously the only reason Tina would look elsewhere is if she were mentally deranged. It's not because you're a nearly worthless excuse for a human being, delusional, controlling, pathetic, and just unpleasant to be around. No, it's obviously because there's something wrong with her. You're in your 40s and yet you have much more in common emotionally with a teenager. And not just any teenager, the annoying nerdy kids who try to pretend that they're more mature, that they're tougher, that they're smarter, when really they're below average. I dunno what kind of piss-poor parents would raise a kid to turn into someone like you, but they must've been pretty crappy.
ReplyDeleteI mean, it's no wonder Tina started looking elsewhere, you're a troll of a person, a useless 40-something dropout without anything resembling real value.
Well wait, you do have some value. You're an absolutely wonderful source of entertainment. I mean, I laughed out loud when Tina told me that I had lost your respect, as if you'd ever had mine. And this blog has been a fun work of fiction, Tina and I both have our favorite sections to joke about. So I do hope you keep it up, there are just so many mediocre works of drivel on the internet that it's hard to find a real golden turd like this.
Thank you.
DeleteLying, cheating, abusing love and trust and hurting people IS pretty funny... I guess?
And, since I'm a subpar person, it's no wonder Tina would act as she did... But she didn't? Or did she? I'm confused. Was she justified in her actions or did they not happen? I'm really curious what parts of my story you think are fictitious.
Anyway, you're trying to pour more salt in my wounds, but they're getting pretty healed up now and I actually find your comments comforting. You do a good job of reinforcing how vile she actually is and how much better off I am, the further Tina is removed from my life, so thank you. Feel free to drop your comments any time.
Wow. You fell into a whole den of narcopaths, didn't you? These people have no empathy. They can't self-reflect and they don't understand honest people because they are hardly capable of honesty themselves and there is absolutely no reasoning with them. Just delete and block them all. You seem to have escaped and know how to recognize narcos, but be careful, they are good at adapting and sucking you back in. Go no contact and keep working on yourself. I spent decades in toxic relationships before I finally figured it out and broke the cycle and I'm finally living a happy life!
ReplyDeleteThis goes beyond sick. These people are evil, plain and simple. Pure. Evil. They're proud of their deceits. Proud to cause pain and chaos! What childhood horrors created such depraved adults?
ReplyDelete