What it's like to love a person with a Cluster B Personality Disorder. Some adult themes and language. Some names and locations have been changed. Tales from the Buffalo Hotel and Beyond...
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
At the end of the lie Barrage
I couldn't, in the moment, think of a diplomatic way to say it, so, finally, I just said it. "What's with all the lies, Tina?"
Then, I saw something that I realized in that moment I had not seen for some time. It was Tina. Lies exhausted, ammunition spent, her mask fell and she transformed before my eyes. Her voice and visage softened. I got a sense of a scared, sad, almost pleading little girl. All hope nearly lost. "You knew I was like this when you fell in love with me."
I thought it may be something she'd told herself so many times that she almost believed it. There was a lot to unpack in that sentence. It stopped me cold. All I could do was shake my head.
Read the rest at the new Adventures of Dan and Tina.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment